Monday 8 October 2012

Bonnie Raitt - Nick Of Time (1989)



Bonnie Raitt
"Nick of Time"
Album: Nick of Time (1989 Capitol)

SINGLE:



LYRICS:


A friend of mine, she cries at night
And she calls me on the phone
Sees babies everywhere she goes
And she wants one of her own

She's waited long enough she says
And still he can't decide
Pretty soon she'll have to choose
And it tears her up inside

She is scared,
Scared to run out of time

I see my folks are getting on
And I watch their bodies change
I know they see the same in me
And it makes us both feel strange

No matter how you tell yourself
It's what we all go through
Those lines are pretty hard to take
When they're staring back at you

Oh Oh Oh, scared you'll run out of time

When did the choices get so hard
With so much more at stake
Life gets mighty precious
When there's less of it to wa-a-a-aste

Mmm-m-m-m-m-m

Mmmmmmm, scared you'll run out of time

Just when I thought I'd had enough
And all my tears were shed
No promise left unbroken
There were no painful words unsaid

Yo-o-o-u came along and showed me
I could leave it all behind
You opened up my heart again
And then much to my surprise

I found love, baby, love in the nick of time
(Love in the nick of time)
I found love darlin', love in the nick of time
(Love in the nick of time)
I found love baby, love in the nick of time

Ooooooo-ooo-ooo-whoo-ooo
Yeah baby

Uhhhhh-huh-uh

Found love...
In the nick of time...

Thought I'd given up...
Given up baby...

Oh ooo wo ooo wo...


ALBUM:

No comments:

Post a Comment