Saturday 27 October 2012

De La Soul - Eye Know (1989)



De La Soul
"Eye Know"
Album: 3 Feet High and Rising (1989 Tommy Boy)

SINGLE:

LYRICS:


POS:
Greetings, girl, and welcome to my world of phrase
I'm right up to bat
It's a Daisy Age and you're about to walk top-stage
So wipe your Lottos on the mat
Hip-hop love this is and don't mind when I quiz your
Involvements before the sun
But clear your court 'cause this is a one-man sport
And who's better for this than Plug One
Now you don't have to worry about me squashin' other deals
'Cause they've already been squooshed
Freeze a frame about moods the same which we can continue
Right behind the bush
You'll stay with me
Eye Know this
But not because of all my earthly treasures
Or regardless to the fact that I'm Posdnuos
But because

(Eye know Eye love you better)

DOVE:
May I cut this dance to introduce myself as
The chosen one to speak
Let me lay my hand across yours
And aim a kiss upon your cheek
They name's Plug Two
And from the soul I bring you
The Daisy of your choice
May it be filled with the pleasure principle
In circumference to my voice
About those other Jennys I reckoned with
Lost them all like a homework excuse
This time the Magic Number is two
'Cause it takes two, not three, to seduce
My destiny of love is brought to an apex
Sex is a mere molecule
In this world of love that I have for you
It's true

(Eye know Eye love you better)

POS:
Now it's time to let this rhyme style
Get somewhat poured in the mold
Take my hand and we'll pick my plantation
Of Daisies for a bouquet of Soul
Life will begin at the cut of a rim
Take it as filled to the rim as in brim
Squeeze your stoop like Betty Boop
We'll make Campbell's Alphabet Soup
And spell Plug One's within
Forward march is the say
When transistors will play
Come into bed is the mood
Dolby sound will be then top crowned
When I put the needle into your groove
I got a good thing
And in full swing
I show this in gifts, words or letters
But even without those three
Eye know you'll be close to me 'cause

(Eye know I love you better)

DOVE:
It's I again and the song that I send
Is taking steps to reach your heart
Any moment you feel alone
I can fill up your empty part
We can ascend 'till we reach De La Heaven
And in a spin we'll hit the Top Ten
Then we will meet Mr Stuckie
And Pos' brother Lucky will preach
Let the wedding begin
Shot by an arrow of cupid
Through the string of a G-clef
My dear, I claim you're def
And if you can hear me, by golly gee,
Trugoy is ready for what you posess
We could live in my Plug Two home
And on Mars where we could be all alone
And we make a song for two,
Picture perfect things and I sing of how

(Eye know I love you better)


ALBUM:



No comments:

Post a Comment